Fees, Overtime, and Insurance:
Fees: I am what is called an "OUT-OF-NETWORK PROVIDER". My fee is $200 per 65 minutes. However, when we utilize your Texas Out-Of-Network benefits, your payment could be as low as $40 - $120. That's FAR CHEAPER than any private practice therapist with 12 years experience in the Austin area. Utilizing your insurance benefits helps keep therapy affordable! Each policy is unique, so a conversation with Paige will be necessary to get things set up.
NOTE: If you don't have OUT-OF-NETWORK Mental Health benefits, or you live outside the state of Texas, you'll pay a sum dependent on your total household income (this includes your own income, plus your spouse or partner's income). See what your non-insurance session fee will be, HERE.
• Session Length: Each appointment is one hour and 5 minutes. It is your responsibility as much as mine to keep track of how long we're on the phone together. If you continue to talk, I will assume you need to go into overtime. See the overtime section below for fees associated with ending your session late.
• Weekly, Bi-weekly and Monthly Rates: Weekly appointments are billed at a lower rate than every-other-week or monthly appointments. This is done to help clients afford the therapy they need more often. When you choose to schedule bi-weekly or monthly appointments, it creates gaps in Paige's weekly schedule which are nearly impossible to fill. Therefore, these appointments cost more.
• Couples' sessions: Marital or couple's counseling sessions are 90 to 120 minutes long (depending on need), and are billed at a higher hourly rate than individual work (See rates HERE). Each partner is required to participate in personal sessions each month (either weekly, or bi-weekly). Intensity of appointment frequency is important in order to keep the momentum up in order to save or improve your relationship.
• 24 hour Text Availability. You may text me if you need support, a caring ear, with questions, or just to say "hi" ANYTIME. It's important for us to stay connected. Regular text check-ins help build our relationship and trust. I will reply to your text just as soon as I am free. Texting is part of the therapy package you're paying for!
• Cancellations: If you cancel a session for any reason (due to illness or otherwise), the expectation is that we will reschedule that same week. TWO free sick cancellations will be given each calendar year. After that, any cancellation is subject to billing. Re-scheduling later in the week prevents a "missed session fee".
• Overtime: Often, you may feel that you're work isn't finished at the end of your session. (Example: you may be crying or dys-regulated and not ready to stop.) I build in 30 minutes of overtime for each appointment if you need it. Overtime costs are prorated based on your personal fee by 15 minute increments. The overtime clock begins automatically at 66 minutes, whether we discuss it or not. It is your responsibility, as much as my own, to keep track of how long we've been on the phone. If overtime is something you wish to avoid, it is suggested that you keep an alarm so that you can avoid being charged for overtime.
• Payments: Venmo is the preferred payment method. My Venmo handle is @paige-bartholomew
• Emergency sessions: are often available the same day, as Paige is available. If Paige can't fit you in, you may always text or email.
• Your credit card will be kept on file, and is required to hold your appointments. Your card will never be charged without speaking to you first. Your entire file (including credit card information) is locked behind two locks, per Texas law.
• Fee increases: This office reserves the right to increase fees at any time (usually once a year), with 6 weeks' notice, given in writing via email. When fees do increase, expect an increase of $10 - $25 per session. Fees will be set in accordance with the standard going rates of Austin therapists with similar experience, training, and years in practice.
Appointments & Cancellations:
• Your appointment time is reserved for you. It's called a "standing appointment". It is your responsibility to keep your appointment. If you miss it for any reason (illness or otherwise), you'll be given options to reschedule that same week. Cancellations are discouraged as you will be given several opportunities to reschedule - evenings and weekends included. If you are unable to reschedule before your next appointment, you will be responsible for paying your 'missed session fee'.
• 24 BUSINESS HOURS' Notice is required to cancel or reschedule an appointment.
• The first 16 sessions will be scheduled weekly in order to build our relationship with the necessary rapport and trust, and to master the hypnosis and Internal Family Systems work.
• Modes of Communication: TEXT is the preferred mode of communication, and is the fastest way to get in touch. I do not answer the phone (outside of appointment times). I do not listen to voice messages. Please do not call or leave a message. You may email at Paige@PaigeBartholomew.com, but sometimes emails get lost. Text is best. I am available by text 24/7. Texting during the night is OK if you need to as I keep my ringer on silent, and I will respond as soon as I am free.
• Hours of Operation: Sometimes, a convenient appointment time will not be available. In order to get on Paige's schedule, clients often make arrangements with their employers to leave work early one day a week, or they take lunch breaks for their appointments.
• Overseas clients: Sessions are scheduled on Texas time, or the “Central" time zone between the hours of 10:30 am and 8 pm. If you live overseas and our time zones are incompatible, your session may have to be scheduled very early or very late for you.
The Therapy Process:
• How long therapy will take? Many issues can be addressed within short-term therapy (about 12 - 16 sessions), but more serious issues such as trauma, long-standing grief, relationship issues, childhood issues, abuse or addictions respond better to longer-term therapy. A good rule of thumb is that it takes one year of clinical work for every decade lived in a state of distress, pain, irresolution or dysfunction. If you work with Paige, plan on longer-term therapy (6 - 24 months).
• You are in charge of your personal growth program. If you are struggling in therapy, it's your job to say something. If you don't like a certain exercise or practice - speak up. If you'd like to go in a different direction - tell me immediately. It is your job to advocate for your needs and wants. HELP YOUR THERAPIST HELP YOU!