Fees & Payments:
• Weekly, Bi-weekly and Monthly Rates: Weekly appointments are billed at a lower rate than bi-weekly or monthly appointments to help clients afford therapy more often. (Click HERE for information about fees and sliding scales). Bi-weekly or monthly appointments create gaps in Paige's weekly schedule which are nearly impossible to fill - hence the higher price.
• Couples' sessions: are 90 to 120 minutes long (depending on need), and are billed at a higher hourly rate than individual work.
• Cancellations: If you cancel a session for any reason (due to illness or otherwise), you'll be given 2-3 appointment options for rescheduling. If you are unable to reschedule before your next standing appointment, you will be responsible for a cancellation fee of 50% of your regular rate. If the inability to reschedule is on Paige's end, there will, of course, be no fee.
• Overtime: Often, you may feel that you're work isn't finished at the 65 minute mark. If you need to go into overtime, the time will gladly be provided. Overtime is prorated based on your session fee. Any extra time that is spent will be rounded up in 10 minute increments.
• Payments: PayPal and Venmo are the preferred payment methods.
• Emergency sessions: are often available the same day, as Paige is available. If Paige can't fit you in, you may always text or email.
• Your credit card will be kept on file, and is required to hold your appointments. Your card will never be charged without speaking to you first. Your card will reserve the appointments you make, and will be used to cover fees which may be outstanding, such as missed-session fees. Your entire file (including credit card information) is locked behind two locks, per Texas law.
• Insurance: Paige is not on any insurance panels, but if you live in the state of Texas, you may request a superbill AT THE END OF EACH YEAR which you may use to file for out of network reimbursement.
• Fee increases: This office reserves the right to increase fees at any time, with 6 weeks' notice, given in writing via email. Expect session fees to increase by $5-$15 per session. Fees will be set in accordance with comparable Austin therapists of similar experience and years in practice.
The Therapy Process:
• How long therapy will take? Many issues can be addressed within short-term therapy (about 12 - 16 sessions), but more serious issues such as trauma, long-standing grief, relationship issues, childhood issues, abuse or addictions typically respond better to longer-term therapy. A good rule of thumb is that it takes one year of clinical work for every decade lived in a state of distress, pain, irresolution or dysfunction. If you work with Paige, plan on longer-term therapy (6 - 24 months).
• You are in charge of your personal growth program. If you are struggling in therapy, it's your job to say something. If you don't like a certain exercise or practice - speak up. If you'd like to go in a different direction - tell Paige immediately. It is your job to advocate for your needs and wants. HELP YOUR THERAPIST HELP YOU!
Appointments & Cancellations:
• You and I will agree to a weekly standing appointment. It is your responsibility to keep that appointment. If you miss it for any reason (illness or otherwise), you'll be given 2-3 appointment options to reschedule. If you are unable to reschedule before your next standing appointment, you will be responsible for a cancellation fee of 50% of your regular rate. If the inability to reschedule is on Paige's end, there will, of course, by no fee assessed.
• 24 BUSINESS HOURS' Notice is required to cancel or reschedule an appointment.
• The first 16 sessions will be scheduled weekly in order to build our relationship with rapport and trust. These first 16 consecutive weeks are vital to mastering the hypnosis work, and creating a trusting, close connection.
• Modes of Communication: TEXT is the preferred mode of communication, and is the fastest way to get in touch. Paige does not check phone messages. Please do not call and leave one. You may email at Paige@PaigeBartholomew.com. I am available by text or email 24/7. Texting during the night is OK if you need to, and Paige will respond as soon as she sees it.
• Hours of Operation: Sometimes, a convenient appointment time will not be available. In order to get on Paige's schedule, clients often make arrangements with their work to leave early one day each week, or they take lunch breaks for their appointments.
• Overseas clients: Sessions are scheduled on Texas time, or the “Central" time zone between the hours of 11 am and 9 pm. If you live overseas, please know that your session may have to be scheduled very early or very late (for you) when time zones don't match up.